Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3884: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3886: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3887: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3888: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
View topic - Why?! - donemyway.com

Why?!

"Real" Life topics

Why?!

Postby olivia » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:09 pm

So, as I blogged about,
My laptop is not functioning.
My roommate is trying to re-format it right now, which I hope works.

I really want to get a new portable solution, maybe a netbook.

Any recommendations?
olivia
Administrator

Re: Why?!

Postby Kitty » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:27 am

Well, if you want something that is only for doing work, I'd recommend buying a small laptop (some people call it sub-laptop). I'm using one currently and it's very portable. I carry it around the college and it's really convenient.
Kitty
Super

Postby Nikana » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:08 am

Kitty wrote:Well, if you want something that is only for doing work, I'd recommend buying a small laptop (some people call it sub-laptop). I'm using one currently and it's very portable. I carry it around the college and it's really convenient.

Two of my friends have those small laptops. :) They're really light and portable but the thing is, it's kinda hard to type since I'm not used to a small keyboard.
Nikana
Veteran

Postby olivia » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:26 am

Kitty wrote:Well, if you want something that is only for doing work, I'd recommend buying a small laptop (some people call it sub-laptop). I'm using one currently and it's very portable. I carry it around the college and it's really convenient.

How many inches is the screen?
olivia
Administrator

Postby Kitty » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:35 am

The screen's about 7.5" by 4.5". I have no problem with the keyboard, only the screen; it's pretty small. But as I said, it is useful if you are someone who are always in the go. :) Otherwise, the average-sized laptop would serve you better.
Kitty
Super

Postby Nikana » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:42 am

Kitty wrote:The screen's about 7.5" by 4.5". I have no problem with the keyboard, only the screen; it's pretty small. But as I said, it is useful if you are someone who are always in the go. :) Otherwise, the average-sized laptop would serve you better.

I think it's too small for me so I stick to the regular sized laptop. But it's a good kind of computer to use if you're always on-the-go.
Nikana
Veteran

Postby olivia » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:29 am

Yeah, my laptop got fixed.

But, I am still going to get a $250 to $400 netbook so it can fit with my textbooks.
olivia
Administrator

Postby xdinna » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:26 am

well, it's a good idea to buy another notebook. I have a desktop and my dad will buy me a new notebook more powerful in few months:D
Owner of http://emeralhosting.info and http://xdinna.net! Visit me baby!
xdinna

Postby nikkisinftd » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:19 pm

netbooks are cuteee, i want one.
my laptop's been out for repair for 3 weeks now and it probably won't be back for another couple weeks, but i don't have the money for a new one. :/
nikkisinftd
Lurker

Postby Kristi » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:33 pm

My sister has a small acer laptop. I think it's one of the "netbooks." She bought an external cd drive to use with it and she plays WoW on it. Doesn't do any designing though.

I personally don't think I could ever use the netbook. It's too small and the specs aren't high enough for me, ya know? I need something with quite a bit of RAM and I like my convenient cd drive.

Black Friday is coming up (if youre from the US?) and you could probably get a nice laptop for pretty cheap!
Kristi

Next

Return to Offline