Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3884: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3886: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3887: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3888: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
View topic - what do you think of my new layout? suggestions? - donemyway.com

what do you think of my new layout? suggestions?

Showcase and discuss it

what do you think of my new layout? suggestions?

Postby teendown » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:17 pm

okay so i made a new layout recently, and i like it, but i don't at the same time haha
what do you think?
feedback would be greatly appreciated!
thanks guyss (:

you can see it at http://teendown.com
teendown

Re: what do you think of my new layout? suggestions?

Postby olivia » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:46 pm

I think it's just okay. :)
olivia
Administrator

Postby ohginny » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:25 pm

i really like it
its cute!

what font is that?
"DO THE HAM & CHEESE!"
ohginny

Postby Lisa » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:40 am

I like the touch of green in your header, though I think you could have emphasized it more without the white light. Your header also took quite some time to load, and as I oddly enough hit the red "Stop loading"-cross, the navigation was cut off. Perhaps considering making your navigation as text next time, and cut down on the loading-time of your header image. (JPG rather than PNG might work.)

Bravo for pretty colours!

I'm also not liking who everything is pushed to the left. You can center your layout with margin:0 auto; in your stylesheet. It's quite empty on the right side.

Increase the size of your font as well - I can't read the text.

Beside all that, I have to say it's quite a well made layout.
Lisa
Regular

Postby MiaWithLove » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:17 pm

I agree with Lisa, the white light thing is nice, but lower the occupancy a lot more, so that it doesn't take over the entire layout. I also think you should center it, or get a nice background (that's not too busy) like some diagonal stripes, to make it look less empty on the right side. One more thing that could be improved is the size of the text in the menu and blog. I have to strain my eyes to read such a tiny font! I usually try and make my general text at least a 12px in size.

Other than that I really like it! The colors are very nice, and it looks very unique ^__^
MiaWithLove
Regular

Postby teendown » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:56 pm

ohginny wrote:i really like it
its cute!

what font is that?

its birth of a hero
i made the white backgrounds behind the text myself though
you can download the font on my site (: [its the 6th one down]
http://teendown.com
i'm alyssa; talk to me (:
teendown

Postby teendown » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:04 pm

Lisa wrote:I like the touch of green in your header, though I think you could have emphasized it more without the white light. Your header also took quite some time to load, and as I oddly enough hit the red "Stop loading"-cross, the navigation was cut off. Perhaps considering making your navigation as text next time, and cut down on the loading-time of your header image. (JPG rather than PNG might work.)

Bravo for pretty colours!

I'm also not liking who everything is pushed to the left. You can center your layout with margin:0 auto; in your stylesheet. It's quite empty on the right side.

Increase the size of your font as well - I can't read the text.

Beside all that, I have to say it's quite a well made layout.

thanks! (:
i tried making the header centered by putting in the margin:0 auto; code in my <div style="position: absolute; margin:0 auto; top:0; left:0; height:100%;"> code that controls where my header is, but it didn't center it :/
what did i do wrong?
http://teendown.com
i'm alyssa; talk to me (:
teendown

Return to Web Design