Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3884: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3886: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3887: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3888: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
View topic - new layout! feedback? - donemyway.com

new layout! feedback?

Showcase and discuss it

new layout! feedback?

Postby teendown » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:20 pm

i have another new layout that i need help on haha (:
i like it, but feel that it needs a little something extra, i just don't know what!
any and all feedback is greatly appreciated! (:

here it is::

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv15 ... ayout7.png
http://teendown.com
i'm alyssa; talk to me (:
teendown

Re: new layout! feedback?

Postby olivia » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:31 am

It's a little too bright and using celebrity photos is a little 1999.
olivia
Administrator

Postby MiaWithLove » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:49 am

I agree with Olivia, you should darken it up a little! It's also a little bit too tall, you should not have to scroll down to far to see the content on any website. But I like the textures and brushes you used, the images also seem fun and bouncy! I like were you're going with it ^__^
MiaWithLove
Regular

Postby teendown » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:12 pm

okay, complete redo (:
im not finished, but i dont even know if i should continue in this direction
help?

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv15 ... ayout8.png
teendown

Postby VisualRevel » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:19 pm

It's really bright and i don't really like when people use hollywood photography when it isn't their own.

For the mac one, it's confusing as to why it's on a mac screen...

Just darken it and use drawings instead.
VisualRevel

Postby teendown » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:09 pm

VisualRevel wrote:It's really bright and i don't really like when people use hollywood photography when it isn't their own.

For the mac one, it's confusing as to why it's on a mac screen...

Just darken it and use drawings instead.

okay thanks (:
and the reason i used a mac screen was because i was trying to say that in graphic design you're limited to what your computer can do, but we need to "escape the boundaries" and go beyond that (:
teendown

Postby teendown » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:15 pm

okay, i went back to the original and attempted to make it higher and darken it . . .
what do you think of it now?

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv15 ... out7-1.png
teendown

Postby RiceAddikt » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:38 am

The colors and textures are nice and it looks much better darker, but a few things:

1. Random bright tealish glow streak or whatever looks awkward. Also, the brush does too - lower opacity or try a different one.
2. Have center Kristen be main focus in that you can't see the arms of the other ones; it'll look much better that way.
3. Having the pink suddenly cut off midway is a little weird, so figure out what you want to do there.
4. I too agree that using celeb photos is not exactly the richest choice, but it's not a bad layout.
RiceAddikt

Return to Web Design