Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3884: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3886: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3887: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3888: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
View topic - New website layout is up! :) - donemyway.com

New website layout is up! :)

Showcase and discuss it

New website layout is up! :)

Postby sara » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:06 pm

I'm super thrilled, but I would like the lovely members of the Done My Way Forum to critque me and help me improve the layout. Tell me about errors, and other problems etc., or just things about the design that you like, or don't like! :D

(I plan to eventually, hopefully, move this to wordpress, but that's once I learn wordpress)

I also will change the position of the linkback, I just added it in, because I realized I didn't have it in yet.

http://www.love-the-design.com

Thanks for your help already! :)
[& rescue me from my storm]

Check out My Portfolio
sara
Regular

Re: New website layout is up! :)

Postby deideii » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:50 pm

I don't really like the font you're using in the content...
deideii
Veteran

Postby sara » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:55 pm

Alright, do you have suggestion of a font you would use instead?

Check out My Portfolio
sara
Regular

Postby deideii » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:36 pm

I usually use Tahoma... I don't know if you used Times New Roman for your content but it appears that way....
deideii
Veteran

Postby MiaWithLove » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:40 am

I really like it! I just love how the LTD forms a heart, that is so awesome <3. But I agree with deideii, maybe you could use Ariel for the font? Times new roman always looks so plain! Monospace might work if you want to keep the serifs...
MiaWithLove
Regular

Postby sara » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:29 pm

I usually use verdana and I didn't realize that I hadn't set the font to anything, so I definitely be changing the font to verdana. Thanks for pointing that out! XD I was in a rush to actually get it out so I overlooked that, but that's an easy fix :) Thanks!

Check out My Portfolio
sara
Regular

Postby skittlesdemon » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:46 am

I like the layout! Did you make it yourself? Plus, it's cut off around the edges, or is it just me?
skittlesdemon

Postby sara » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:05 pm

I made it all myself; I used Photoshop CS4 and I coded in Dreamweaver CS4.
It has like edges, but I didn't make them like definite ends, which I prob should do, but I just haven't yet, I'll look into it and see if I like it. It should be centered in your browser, so depending on your monitor's resolution it'll be different so yea. Screenshot it and show me what you mean if it seems like it shouldn't be "Cut off" :)
Thanks! :D

Check out My Portfolio
sara
Regular

Return to Web Design