Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3884: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3886: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3887: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3888: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
View topic - I need some help! (Coding) - donemyway.com

I need some help! (Coding)

Showcase and discuss it

I need some help! (Coding)

Postby sara » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:28 am

So I'm trying to code this layout in just html right now so that I can follow this tutorial to change it to wordpress. But I'm so stuck right now. I'm just super frustrated because I know that I don't know how to do what I'm trying to do with it and ya.

Heres the image http://i49.tinypic.com/2w7h35x.png

I want the layout to be centered in all browsers, I want the page to grow in size as needed so that the blog posts will all fit with like 3-5 per page or whatever and I'm just so frustrated because I can't figure out how to make it all work.

All help is super appreciated!
[& rescue me from my storm]

Check out My Portfolio
sara
Regular

Re: I need some help! (Coding)

Postby olivia » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:11 pm

Um... For centering...

Stylesheet:
Code: Select all
body {
text-align: center;
}

#page {
width: 800px;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
}

XHTML:
Code: Select all
<div id="page">

Stuff

</div>

I don't really know what you mean by grow in size.
olivia
Administrator

Postby Lia » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:19 am

Actually the best and safest way to center stuff in body is "margin: 0 auto;". I've been doing this for years. ;)
Lia
Regular

Postby sara » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:19 pm

For grow, I mean when I add more content the middle of the page grows longer and pushes the footer down. If that makes sense.

Thanks to both of you for the centering, I'll try them out and see how it works for me :)

Check out My Portfolio
sara
Regular

Postby olivia » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:50 am

sara wrote:For grow, I mean when I add more content the middle of the page grows longer and pushes the footer down. If that makes sense.

Thanks to both of you for the centering, I'll try them out and see how it works for me :)

It will do that automatically if you put the content before the footer in the code.
Just don't set any height to the DIV you put it in...
olivia
Administrator

Postby sara » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:52 am

Alright! I think I got it figured out! :D Thanks so much everyone! :D

Check out My Portfolio
sara
Regular

Postby bluehilaryduff » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:40 am

For the container, also put overflow: hidden; if you want it to "grow".
bluehilaryduff
Lurker

Postby olivia » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:44 am

bluehilaryduff wrote:For the container, also put overflow: hidden; if you want it to "grow".

If the overflow is hidden, it will not show up or grow...
olivia
Administrator

Return to Web Design