Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3884: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3886: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3887: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3888: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
View topic - Know how to Wordpress themes? - donemyway.com

Know how to Wordpress themes?

Showcase and discuss it

Know how to Wordpress themes?

Postby sara » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:50 pm

Does anyone know how to code wordpress themes, or any good tutorials that are simple to follow?
I've tried several times, but the tutorials I find don't seem to work for me. I want to change my layout to a new one that is managed by Wordpress.

Any links or suggestions you can give me would be great! :D
Thanks!
[& rescue me from my storm]

Check out My Portfolio
sara
Regular

Re: Know how to Wordpress themes?

Postby Lia » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:18 am

I learned how to code WordPress layouts by manipulating existing ones. I think that's the best way to learn. Tutorials never helped me that much...
Lia
Regular

Postby olivia » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:23 am

I haven't personally used any such tutorials, so I can only suggest you Google for some.
I did, and lot of them came up...
olivia
Administrator

Postby deideii » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:32 am

deideii
Veteran

Postby sara » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:42 am

Thanks to everyone so far. I've googled a million times and tried a lot of them but I think I'll have to start manipulating one like Lia suggested. I just wish there were a simple way to do it. If I can figure it out I hope I can create a simple way to explain how to create/code one. It'd be nice for others to not have to struggle as much as I have.

Check out My Portfolio
sara
Regular

Postby Lia » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:05 pm

Nothing comes just like that. Everyone wishes it did! I was terrified when I firstly started using WordPress, but with time it happened to be a piece of cake for me. ;)

I don't think there's a simple way to explain it. Everybody understands and learns differently - for one person tutorial X will be the best way to learn, for the other - tutorial Y will do the thing. It's all a subjective matter.

Good luck!
Lia
Regular

Postby evanna » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:25 pm

I use this tutorial, and is awesome!

http://dashofcolor.net
Is very simple! Go tutotials >> Wordpress >> How to code :')
I want you to notice when I'm not around (8)
Whatever makes you happy... whatever you want
I WANT A VAMPIRE PENGUIN >:[ haha xD
evanna
Regular

Postby skittlesdemon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:22 pm

I would suggest http://www.tiramisyu.com/tutorials/wordpress-theme/ . I personally learned from there,. and if it's too hard, you can use template from www.dearagony.org . I hope I helped!
skittlesdemon

Postby mykel » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:42 pm

Here is a good tutorial: http://dashofcolor.net/tutorials/wordpr ... ress-theme

Hope that helps! (:
mindlessinvalid * http://mike.donemyway.com
mykel

Postby sara » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:54 pm

Thanks soo much guys! I've looked over the dashofcolor tutorial and I think it will help me a lot. I'm going to look at that tiramisyu one a little later when I have time (I'm going out with Alex for Vday)
I super appreciate everyone's help and now that I've sent my top choice college application I think I will have less time to be stressed and more time to learn! :)

Check out My Portfolio
sara
Regular

Return to Web Design