Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3884: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3886: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3887: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3888: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
View topic - Help me improve my layout - donemyway.com

Help me improve my layout

Showcase and discuss it

Help me improve my layout

Postby Lisa » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:12 pm

I have a problem:

http://auberginer.org/9.php

I have no idea what to do with it. My current layout bothers me far too much, and I have the feeling that this new one might have a few loading issues... Do you have any suggestions for what I can do to make it not so generic as it is now?

Here are a few things I am currently in the process of doing:

• Make a more exciting header, somehow (Auberginer.org or just Auberginer)
  • Add navigation (on top)
  • Perhaps alter the background
Hearing your thoughts would be wonderful.
Lisa
Regular

Re: Help me improve my layout

Postby AliWhit » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:41 pm

Ahh! I like it a lot.
What if you put an orange/yellow orb behind the header, in the middle of the sun burst to make it look like the sun?
AliWhit

Postby urbanlights » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:42 pm

a more interesting font for the site name would make it pop more
possibly putting Auberginer on one line and then .org on a line in a different font below it would make it more interesting
also, if you put the site name in the brown that you incorporated at the bottom of the screen, it would help the colors flow more smoothly

hope that helps! (:
urbanlights

Postby urbanlights » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:43 pm

oh, and for the navigation at the top, using tabs would be really cute and it would look nice with the rounded corners (:
urbanlights

Postby deideii » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:44 am

Hello Lisa,

I don't really like the font you used. Could you change just that?!

:)

-Jea@Piano-Girl.co.uk
deideii
Veteran

Postby Lisa » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:32 am

By the way, are there any issues with the loading time? Also, does the footer stick to the bottom when you re-size the window?

Yes, tabs for the navigation sounds nice. I'll try that. Perhaps maybe some extra links on the side of the main content as well? (Eg. Ask me-page, link exchanges, tagboard etc.)

deideii wrote:Hello Lisa,

I don't really like the font you used. Could you change just that?!

:)

-Jea@Piano-Girl.co.uk

Do you have any suggestions? I used Georgia for the main font. Arial and the like looks a bit too bland for the effect I'm trying to get. I'll think about changing..
Lisa
Regular

Postby olivia » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:36 am

I think you should put more padding between the text and the rounded edge outline.

And push the What's new and Follow me up above the clouds.

You could keep the same font family for the website title.
But, make it bigger and add effects to it...
olivia
Administrator

Return to Web Design