Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3884: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3886: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3887: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3888: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
View topic - So-Pink = So-Better - donemyway.com

So-Pink = So-Better

Talk about anything

So-Pink = So-Better

Postby GhostyCute » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:49 pm

So I was talking to my friend a little bit ago on IM and we were talking about So-Pink's big change. We're kind of confused as to why you would turn the great So-Pink in this...? The site takes forever to load it seems, the layout colors are absolutely blinding and the name...

My friend went about to say that So-Pink went from the best hosting company to the worst and from what I've seen looking around the site I kind of agree. I really dislike the name but the layout colors, site upload time and everything - it's just horrible.

I'm kind sure you don't care about opinions since you obviously like things done "your way" but as someone you used to really respect the site this was like a major blow. I was considering getting hosting from So-Pink regardless of the fact that I would get less space else. But after seeing the once great So-Pink turn into this I think I'll go someplace else... :(

We just don't understand why you destroyed So-Pink? It was great and everyone liked it! It was well known, the colors and layout designs were perfect! The site was real quick to load! And the site name was cute! Now it's just we have horrible, blinding colors for a layout, the site takes way to long to load, and the site names just makes it sound like all you care about is yourself... Like you want everything to be done "your way". I know the site name can also mean "Done MY Way" as in exactly like the customer wants but...With how bad the site seemed to get over night the whole "customer's way" thing isn't working...

I'm sorry if I sounded rude, we just don't understand why you destroyed So-Pink and replaced it with...with this...? So-Pink was great just as it was! The space changes and everything were fine! But now...Now I would never recommend So-Pink or "Done My Way" to anyone and I'm not even hosted by you...That's saying a lot coming from me, considering how much I looked up to So-Pink.

So I'm sorry if you don't want my opinion but maybe you should have gotten your visitors and clients opinions before destroying So-Pink. I trusted So-Pink it looked fun, friendly, nice, reliable, and just over-all great!! This "Done My Way" doesn't give off any of that, the site name itself makes me feel like I'm not welcome. The colors make me want to leave and the loading time makes the site seem like it's not trustworthy anymore... :(

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm sorry you killed the great So-Pink and replaced it with "Done My Way". I should say I respect your decision but I really don't want to lie. It makes me very sad to see what So-Pink has become. I don't know or understand why anyone would want this...

With sincere apologies to the loss of So-Pink,
Jennifer
So-Pink will be missed and forever loved. "Done My Way" will never live up to the "So-Pink" name. I'm sorry. :(
GhostyCute
Regular

Re: So-Pink = So-Better

Postby olivia » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:42 pm

I appreciate the feedback.

People can still get so-pink.org subdomains.
I didn't know there were those who signed up for hosting based on whether or not they like the host's layout.

The orange doesn't look any brighter than the previous pink on my monitor.
And the website loads quickly for me.

Sorry you dislike the change.
I love it, and I know of others who like it as well.
But, I will take your comments into serious consideration.
olivia
Administrator

Postby GhostyCute » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:17 pm

It was never about having a So-Pink subdomain. It was the fact that So-Pink was great! It looked friendly and nice and this just doesn't.

You're right, people don't sign up for hosting based on the layout but the layout decides where or not the person stays or leaves. Would you go to a site and look around if they had a Bright Lime Green layout with white letters? No, probably not. The writing is very hard to read and lime green would hurt your eyes. They wouldn't care how great the hosting is because it would give them a headache to even look - they would move on to the next site.

Maybe your monitor is different then mine, but for me the orange is very bright especially with the black and white background. I think that just makes it worse because it bring the orange color even more to attention.

As for the loading process, it takes my computer at least 3 minutes not including having to do multiple refreshes just to get the entire page to load. It's very frustrating.

It's kind of obvious you like it. It's your site and you wouldn't have made the change if you didn't like it. The site name itself implies that the site was done "your way" rather then the way that would continue to attract visitors.

Like So-Pink, people heard the name and knew it was a good host, me included. I hear "Done My Way" and I think of a blog not a hosting site and when i found out it was a hosting site I thought, "What kind of host is this?" that's when my friend told me it was you.

"Done My Way" isn't a name for a host I don't think as it implies that you (the owner) want everything to be done your way and the customers have no choice in the matter. That's the impression I got when I say the same and found out it was a hosting site. I would never go with a hosting company with a name that made me feel I had no choice about the site. So-Pink was never like that. I dunno, something about it just made the site feel so welcoming and fun, like it was made by a person who loved hosting people and wanted the customers to be happy too. This site give the exact opposite impression. :(
GhostyCute
Regular

Postby olivia » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:06 pm

Thanks, again, for taking the time to express your feelings about the change.

If others feel the same,
It is not being reflected in my number of visitors, or amount of applications.
As both are even higher than yesterday (before the change).

Happy holidays, and all the best. :)
olivia
Administrator

Postby GhostyCute » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:15 pm

Happy Holidays to you too. :)
GhostyCute
Regular

Postby deideii » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:19 am

olivia wrote:I appreciate the feedback.

People can still get so-pink.org subdomains.
I didn't know there were those who signed up for hosting based on whether or not they like the host's layout.

The orange doesn't look any brighter than the previous pink on my monitor.
And the website loads quickly for me.

Sorry you dislike the change.
I love it, and I know of others who like it as well.
But, I will take your comments into serious consideration.

I <3 the changes... I thought the So Pink layout was getting boring so I wanted something new... Well, this is something new... New year, new layout.. Nice, right???

But okay.. If people say it's not nice. Let it go their way..

:)
deideii
Veteran

Postby Lisa » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:49 am

Change is nice. Done My Way still has the So Pink vibe, and the hosting packages are still one of the best around. Olivia's hosting is reliable, which is the main point. No downtimes or other issues.

She's still offering great free hosting, regardless if the colour or name is pink or not. I don't think Olivia "killed" So Pink. The website just had a make over and matured a little.

How was So Pink so much better than what Done My Way is? By reading your post, I get the feeling that it is the first impression that bothers you, not the actual service. You should give the new website a chance. After all, it's just a name.
Lisa
Regular

Postby MzCie » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:22 am

I really dont come across a difference, only the sites layout and her hosting changes
MzCie
Regular

Postby KassLyts » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:14 pm

I just miss So-Pink.
I loved the layout, the info, the opprotunities.
I must admit I don't really like the layout,
i think it is just the colors. Maybe i dont like orange?

I don't think that So-Pink is any worse, just not So-Pink anymore.
KassLyts
Regular

Postby GhostyCute » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:24 pm

I'm not hosted with So-Pink but the site had great loading time while Done My Way doesn't. If the main site doesn't load quickly then what is there to make me believe that the people hosted under it done have the same problem? If the main site doesn't load fast and the designs hurts my eyes I leave and a lot of people would do the same.

The hosting could be great but are you really going to want hosting from a site that takes too long to load? Are you going to continue to look around a site with colors that hurt your eyes? No, you wouldn't. No body would.

With So-Pink the pink, though it was a bit of a bright pink it was with the white/light gray background with toned the pink down. It didn't make the pink so bright. This design uses orange which is like trying to tone down lime green. The black and orange only makes the orange brighter and even harder to deal with. It's very blinding.

Plus the name of a site also brings people to question. If one had never heard of So-Pink - yes, there are such people out there - then they wouldn't know how great So-Pink was. So if you said "DOne My Way" was owned by So-Pink too it wouldn't matter. They would take a look at the name, site, and the loading time and leave if they even stopped in.

A lot of people, including myself don't go on a person's word alone especially when it comes to a host. They consider the name, design, and loading details. Especially if you've had problems with hosts before then every detail, even the tiny ones are very, very important and help you decide weather or not you want their hosting.

Done My Way may have packages like So-Pink but the name gives me a second look. It makes me wonder if I can really trust such a host. Are they out to please the customer or just out to do this for the heck of it? Maybe they'll start charging or maybe they have horrible help and service? Maybe they have ridiculous rules? New comers think and question these things when they come to a host - i do.

If they don't know the host well, have never heard of it or similar then they have second guesses and they wonder. As I said, every detail is important. Many of you are hosted with so pink, so naturally you know how great the hosting is but thing of someone who's never heard of So-Pink. They have no idea. They come here and question everything, things you don't even consider. That's just what people do.
GhostyCute
Regular

Next

Return to Open Discussion