Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3884: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3886: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3887: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3888: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
View topic - i need help! :d - donemyway.com

i need help! :d

Showcase and discuss it

i need help! :d

Postby teendown » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:10 pm

okay i made yet another layout that I might end up using, but before I put it up, I need to fix it because I don't like its current state :/
any help?
any and all criticism is welcome!
thanks (:

here it is ::
http://teendown.com/1.php
http://teendown.com
i'm alyssa; talk to me (:
teendown

Re: i need help! :d

Postby Maggie » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:07 am

the banner looks great! the blending is perfect, you just need to make some more space under the title.
increase the body line-height a little more and use a slightly lighter color for the body text.
your news box needs more padding in the right.
put this in your affiliate box CSS so the horizontal scroll-bar doesn't show up:

Code: Select all
overflow-x: hidden;

one more thing, unlink the dots after your menu links so when it's hovered it only shows the border under the link, not under the dot too.

try these and see if it gets better :)
Maggie
Regular

Postby amandaax3 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:52 pm

I really love the header, a few suggestions I may add is, maybe make the bold like just a tad smaller? Just so it fits nicer into your text without messing up the line-height. I really like your navigation and the colors are so pretty !
amandaax3
Lurker

Postby teendown » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:46 pm

thanks so much! i really appreciate all of the positive feedback (:
however, when i put the layout up on my site in a preview sort of thing and asked my visitors to vote on whether they liked it or not, i didn't get as good of feedback
so, i decided to do a new one (:
this one's simpler, and i'm still having troubles with colors and such
ahhh
anyways, here it is::

http://teendown.com/2.php

help? :/
teendown

Postby teendown » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:47 pm

oh and i made a cute cloud background for the sidebar headers, but it won't show up :[
help with that? idk why it won't show up!

edit: nevermind; I got it to work! (:
teendown

Postby Maggie » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:08 am

this one's better ;)
just work a bit more on the clouds' borders so it doesn't look pixelated.
Maggie
Regular

Postby MiaWithLove » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:14 am

I like the new one! But, I think it's too tall, a big complaint I hear among visitors is the need to scroll to the header and see the blog/content. Shrink it, and I think that would be a huge improvement! Shrinking it would also make the borders of the clouds look less pixelated. I really like it!

I hope that helped :D .
MiaWithLove
Regular

Postby teendown » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:03 pm

okay, thanks so much! (:
i cropped it so that it's a little higher up; i was afraid that if i lowered the image size too much, the name teendown would be too small and so would the quote; so that was my solution lol
is it a better size?
I can't tell how big it is on most people's screens because i have a 1900x1200 resolution, which is larger than most people's 1200x800, so I don't know how it looks on most people's screens, unfortunately :[
anyways, thanks for the feedback! let me know if there's anything else that needs to be changed (:
teendown

Postby teendown » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:04 pm

oh and it's up on my site;
(:
teendown