Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3884: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3886: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3887: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3888: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
View topic - Remembering 9/11 - donemyway.com

Remembering 9/11

"Real" Life topics

Remembering 9/11

Postby olivia » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:13 am

It's been 8 years,
But (thanks to the Bush administration) thousands of families are still feeling the impact of 9/11. Whether it's a bad impact, war, or a good impact, jobs.

Just thought I'd acknowledge the day.
olivia
Administrator

Re: Remembering 9/11

Postby Nikana » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:41 am

I actually almost forgot about 9/11.

But it truly was a very sad day.
Nikana
Veteran

Postby Kitty » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:45 pm

I can never forget that day. It just happen to coincide with my sister's birthday.
Kitty
Super

Postby Nugget » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:05 pm

I've seen people who were carrying their birthday balloons around at school today, and I kept wondering how it must feel to have a birthday on the day of a terrible terrorist attack.

R.I.P. 9/11 victims.
"In a tree by the brook
There's a songbird who sings
Sometimes all of our thoughts are
Misgiven"

--Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin
Nugget
Regular

Postby MiaWithLove » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:22 pm

I remember that day so well. I walked into the living room and dad was scream "WHAT?" at the TV. You could here splating noises of people falling from building from the news copter, I was sick to my stomach. My uncle was in New York at the time, so I was really worried.
MiaWithLove
Regular

Postby allison » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:09 pm

It is really sad to think about. I can't believe it has already been 8 years.
R.I.P. 9/11 Victims.
allison
Regular

Postby clarity » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:07 am

I don't remember this, I must've been 6 when this happened. It's sad to think about though, my tito could've died; he was supposed to have a meeting i that building an hour after it happened. I'm just so glad he's ok. :(
clarity
Regular

Postby sackxghirl » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:10 am

I don't remember it happening because I was at college but I remember it being all over the news.

I watched something on the tv about it the other night about certain families relatives who where in there at the time and they had a picture up showing the people they know of and there they were in the tower. There was a a guy called orio who was a fireman who lost his life trying to save those in the tower. You got to hear some of the phone calls of those who were trapped in the tower..it was so sad

If anyone wants to watch it, you can go here to see it
sackxghirl
Regular

Postby elleayelyts » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:39 pm

i was born and raised in brooklyn new york, and i was in brooklyn at the time 9/11 happened, & it was the worst day of my life-even till now thinking about it brings me to tears. when i oved to NC and 9/11 came everyone down south made fun of it (the ppl in my class) and i got really upset about it and left the class. its such a touchy subject and i send all my love out to those families<3
elleayelyts

Postby untilmyvoiceislost » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:29 pm

It's unbelieveable that it's been eight years already! I remember that day very clearly, I came home from school in the afternoon and my dad was watching the news and told me about it. The next day in school we talked a lot about it, and we got to write a lot about our feelings and how we reacted when we heard the news. It felt very distant to me and it was hard to understand what really happened, considering it happened on the other side of the earth and I was only 11 years old. But I watched a really sad documentary on TV and read a lot about it in the newspaper, so slowly I started to realize how bad it actually was.

It was such a horrible day and it should never ever be forgotten..
untilmyvoiceislost

Return to Offline