Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3884: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3886: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3887: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3888: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
View topic - Music on autoplay? - donemyway.com

Music on autoplay?

Talk about anything

Music on autoplay?

Postby anamcr » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:48 pm

I've already emailed something about this to Olivia but wanted to know other people's point of view on it.
What do you think about going to someone's page and having music blasting on your speakers out of nowhere and in most cases not finding a pause button? Especially when you have your own music playing etc.

For me is really annoying even if a pause button is there.
I am one of *those* people that go through DMW list of members to check the sites out once in a while, but once a song is in autoplay, it makes me leave the site and have no interest in checking out their content or coming back to the site.
anamcr
Lurker

Re: Music on autoplay?

Postby olivia » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:00 pm

I hate when music is on autoplay too.
It hasn't annoyed me as much since I am able to mute individual applications (like Firefox).
But, I still think it's inconsiderate, and... meh, lol.

I may put up a poll about this...
olivia
Administrator

Postby deideii » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:59 pm

I agree with the both of you.
deideii
Veteran

Postby Lisa » Tue May 04, 2010 12:00 pm

Delete, delete, delete. No autoplay ever. I just happen to visit one of DMW's hostees and heard some loud music suddenly starting to play. It's horrifying.
Lisa
Regular

Postby xchirix » Wed May 05, 2010 5:14 pm

I agree. x( I hate it when that happens.
It's Das Uber Rii!
xchirix

Postby casey » Mon May 24, 2010 5:19 am

I think that if a person wants to know what your listening too, they will ask...
casey

Postby Kitty » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:59 am

Personally, I totally dis background music, whether it is on auto-play or whether it has that 'stop' button. It is incredibly annoying to be forced to listen to a music when I don't want to. If I want to listen to a song/music, I have my media player at hand. I actually blogged on this topic some time ago.
Kitty
Super

Postby Nugget » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:29 am

It annoys me. A lot. I'm always listening to iTunes 99% of the time that I'm on the computer, and when I visit a website that has music automatically playing in the background, it sucks. And most of the time it's music that I don't even like. I've come across several sites that have this "issue," and only one has music that I like. One.
But some of those websites are hosted by DMW, so when I'm checking them, I have to bear with it. =/
"In a tree by the brook
There's a songbird who sings
Sometimes all of our thoughts are
Misgiven"

--Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin
Nugget
Regular

Return to Open Discussion