Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3884: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3886: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3887: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3888: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
View topic - Halloween themed layout! - donemyway.com

Halloween themed layout!

Showcase and discuss it

Halloween themed layout!

Postby MiaWithLove » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:00 pm

Hello all ;) . I decided to go in a completely different direction with my website layout: HALLOWEEN! It *is* that time of the year =D. I'm looking for tips on it. Do you think it's good as is? anything that could be improved? added? taken away?

http://i34.tinypic.com/25uhzso.png

I look forward to your advice ;D
MiaWithLove
Regular

Re: Halloween themed layout!

Postby Lisa » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:30 am

It's fantastic, Mia. I like the witch hat and the moon. I must say this might be your best layout so far! Good choice with with the text - what a nice final touch.
The 'Me' in your navigation is splendid! I can never successfully draw spider webs. You really did pull it off quite nicely, I must say. You can do like a spider crawling over the text when you hover over it. That'd really bring out the Halloween spirit.

However, I did find a few typos:
Before it's to late should be Before it's too late
werewolfs should be werewolves

I do wish you'd make the total width of your layout smaller. It's not pleasant to have a vertical scrollbar if you have a small screen resolution. You can make it narrower by moving the content areas closer to each other, and move the 'Happy Halloween' band to the left corner.
Also consider switching the orange background (on the header) to maybe purple, like on the hat, as it might be a little bit too much of the orange.

I'm really looking forward to when you launch this layout. *thumbs up*
Lisa
Regular

Postby MiaWithLove » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:48 pm

Lisa wrote:It's fantastic, Mia. I like the witch hat and the moon. I must say this might be your best layout so far! Good choice with with the text - what a nice final touch.
The 'Me' in your navigation is splendid! I can never successfully draw spider webs. You really did pull it off quite nicely, I must say. You can do like a spider crawling over the text when you hover over it. That'd really bring out the Halloween spirit.

However, I did find a few typos:
Before it's to late should be Before it's too late
werewolfs should be werewolves

I do wish you'd make the total width of your layout smaller. It's not pleasant to have a vertical scrollbar if you have a small screen resolution. You can make it narrower by moving the content areas closer to each other, and move the 'Happy Halloween' band to the left corner.
Also consider switching the orange background (on the header) to maybe purple, like on the hat, as it might be a little bit too much of the orange.

I'm really looking forward to when you launch this layout. *thumbs up*

Oh my gosh Lisa! You always give such great advice it stuns me xD. Complementary, yet still pushes me in then right direction, I'll definitely take it! :D
MiaWithLove
Regular

Postby MiaWithLove » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:46 pm

I played around with it a little more. I took Lisa's advice and made it much thinner, now the total width is only about 950 pixels, which I know is still to big for some monitors but oh well! I also added spider-webs to the rest of the text, the "Home" link is an example of what will happen when you hover over all the main links. Last but not last, I gave the pumpkins Jack'o'lantern faces and made some the twitter and "BEFORE IT'S TO LATE" text drippy. I hope you guys think it's an improvement :D

http://i33.tinypic.com/20jrecw.png
MiaWithLove
Regular

Postby Nikana » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:10 am

MiaWithLove wrote:I played around with it a little more. I took Lisa's advice and made it much thinner, now the total width is only about 950 pixels, which I know is still to big for some monitors but oh well! I also added spider-webs to the rest of the text, the "Home" link is an example of what will happen when you hover over all the main links. Last but not last, I gave the pumpkins Jack'o'lantern faces and made some the twitter and "BEFORE IT'S TO LATE" text drippy. I hope you guys think it's an improvement :D

http://i33.tinypic.com/20jrecw.png

omg! I LOVE it! :) It looks reeaaallly cute!
Nikana
Veteran

Postby ohginny » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:02 pm

ADORABLE!
I LOVE IT =D

I wish I was that creative >.<
"DO THE HAM & CHEESE!"
ohginny

Postby MiaWithLove » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:06 pm

Thanks guys ;) . It's all coded and up on my webbie now, check it out at http://mia.so-pink.org :D
MiaWithLove
Regular

Postby ohginny » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:10 pm

MiaWithLove wrote:Thanks guys ;) . It's all coded and up on my webbie now, check it out at http://mia.so-pink.org :D

iloveit
xD

i loovvvee the rollovers on the navigation, so cute!
=D
"DO THE HAM & CHEESE!"
ohginny

Postby elleayelyts » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:45 pm

i love it! i'd suggest probably just a very low opacity outer glow on the text on the image, other wie, its simple & amazing!
elleayelyts

Postby loveivy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:09 pm

I saw it! It's working on your site right now! I think it's very cute! :) Hehes, someone is in the spirit for Halloween!
loveivy

Next

Return to Web Design