Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3884: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3886: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3887: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3888: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
View topic - Layout tips/help - donemyway.com

Layout tips/help

Showcase and discuss it

Re: Layout tips/help

Postby MiaWithLove » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:28 pm

Lisa wrote:Hm, I suggest maybe lowering the saturation of the colours so the colours aren't so blinding.
Something like this, perhaps: http://i28.tinypic.com/of98ck.png

The blue text on the hot-pink background is sort of "in-your-face", if you know what I mean, so changing the text colours from blue to maybe the brown-ish colour of the air balloon would soften it.

I think giving the mountains some shading would help reflect the fact that the sun is going down/up. Same with the clouds and air balloon.

I still don't think the font is suitable. For instance, the italic doesn't seem right.
A few cute fonts might be
Teaspoon. Though it is commonly used, I still think it's considered cute.
Victor Vector might also work.
There is a whole list of rather cute fonts here: http://hushstar.net/rebecca/you/fonts.php (even bitmap fonts!)

What are you going to name this theme, Mia? 8-)

Wow, thanks for all the awesome tips Lisa! I need all the help I can get :lol: .
I'm still not sure if it will go up yet, if I don't significantly improve on this concept, I may just trash it. You know me, always the perfectionist :P . But if it does, I'm thinking maybe something like "A New Horizon", or "Sunset on Summer". I'm horrible with thinking up names xD
MiaWithLove
Regular

Postby taryn » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:04 pm

^^ agreed :)
taryn

Postby deadbattery » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:33 am

maybe you should make the text more apparent?
deadbattery

Previous

Return to Web Design