Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 121

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/prime_links.php on line 122

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/donemywa/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3884: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3886: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3887: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3888: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
View topic - What is/are your favourite read (books)? - donemyway.com

What is/are your favourite read (books)?

Random questions

What is/are your favourite read (books)?

Postby Kitty » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:01 pm

I love reading books by Steve Berry:
The Romanov Prophecy
Alexandria Link,
The Third Secret,
The Templar Legacy

I am also a big fan of J.R.R. Tolkien's works:
The LOTR trilogy,
The Hobbit,
The Silmarillion,
The Unfinished Tales,

Agatha Christie's as well as Dan Brown's. :)
Kitty
Super

Re: What is/are your favourite read (books)?

Postby olivia » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:07 pm

This is good, I'm going to sticky it.

My favorite book is Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole.

It's a book I read over and over again.
I hear a movie is in the making, I don't know that I will see it though.
Movies drain too much of the awesomeness out of books.
olivia
Administrator

Postby Kitty » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:20 pm

olivia wrote:This is good, I'm going to sticky it.

My favorite book is Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole.

It's a book I read over and over again.
I hear a movie is in the making, I don't know that I will see it though.
Movies drain too much of the awesomeness out of books.

I agree. It's a shame that movies it happens. But I suppose moviemakers want to include the interesting bits of the books as to make the movie appealing enough to the audience. But in the process of doing so, they leave out the important bits that would make the story even more clearer.

I think one recent movie that really disappointed me was Angels and Demons. :(
Kitty
Super

Postby MiaWithLove » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:36 am

The Princess Bride, by William Goldman, is the funniest book I have ever read. It is one of the only books I'll read over and over again, and never get tired of it. Tiger Moon if runner up, it's just beautiful :)
MiaWithLove
Regular

Postby cityinsurrender » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:47 am

Oooh books!

I really love anything by Robert Ludlum, especially "The Sigma Protocol" really good read. Unfortunately, I have yet to read the Bourne series. *keysmash*

I also like Joan Lowery Nixon, my favourite by her is probably the last book she wrote which is "The Kidnapping of Christina Lattimore" It's really clever.

David Baldacci's "Split Second" is one of my tops, too.

OH. And William Bell. He's an amazing author. "The Blue Helmet" and "Stones" by him are two of my favourite books ever. I fully recommend them.

Kitty, you mentioned the LOTR trilogy, I loved those books so much. I'm not usually into fantasy, but I loved how it was written and I just remember reading it all the time like... years ago. I should read it again. :)
cityinsurrender

Postby Kitty » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:51 am

Really alicia, that's great to hear we share the same interest in LoTR. Wow! Hahaha.
Kitty
Super

Postby allison » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:17 am

Any book by Sonya Sones! I love her writing style.
allison
Regular

Postby Nugget » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:57 am

I'm into romance, supernatural, psychological, thriller, and suspense books. =))
I don't have any top favorite books, but one of the best authors out there is Nora Roberts. Trust me, her written works are amazing.
"In a tree by the brook
There's a songbird who sings
Sometimes all of our thoughts are
Misgiven"

--Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin
Nugget
Regular

Postby sackxghirl » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:21 am

Peter Kay - The sound of Laughter
Ginny Elliot - Winning
Stephanie Meyer - Twilight
sackxghirl
Regular

Postby Nikana » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:09 am

My fave book series are "Left Behind: The Kids" (also known as "Left Behind: The Young Trib Force"). :mrgreen: There are 40 books in all (but they're really short) and I read all except for Book 2 since I couldn't find a copy of it in any book store.
Nikana
Veteran

Next

Return to Ask It